Waterwynch House, Narberth Road, Tenby, SA70 8TJ
1. Come off M4 at Junction 49
2. Take 2nd exit off of roundabout onto A48 signposted Carmarthen
3. Follow sign post A48 Carmarthen (3rd exit) at next roundabout (Cross Hands Roundabout)
4. At roundabout take 2nd exit onto A40 (signposted Fishguard, St. Clears)
5. At roundabout take 1st exit onto A40 (signposted Fishguard, St Clears)
6. At roundabout take 1st exit onto A477 (signposted Pembroke Dock, Tenby)
7. At Red Roses crossroads continue forward onto A477
8. At Twy Cross roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A478 (signposted Tenby)
When on A478 heading towards Tenby, you pass through the village of Wooden. At the next roundabout, New Hedges and Saundersfoot are signposted to the left, take the 2nd exit towards Tenby. This is your last roundabout!!! Yeehah!
After 1/2 a mile you will see a sign for Royston Caravan Park on the left. There are then 100 years or so of grey metal railings on your left with some high visibility bollards at the end.
Indicate left now! At the end of the run of railings is the turning signed to Waterwynch.
Turn left* into this lane and follow down to the bottom. Take the right fork. Press enter through the entrance gates and follow the drive to the car park for the main entrance to the House.
*Satnav has a tendency to send you right into Well Park instead of left at this point. If you pass the Park House Court Nursing Home on the right, you have come too far.
Fly, sail, take the train or drive to Waterwynch House, whatever you choose…
Nearest Commercial Airport: Cardiff Airport
Nearest Airport: Haverfordwest/Withybush Aerodrome
- ICAO designator EGFE - elevation 155ft
- Runways 03 / 21 - 5,000ft / 1,524m
- Runways 09 / 27 - 3,412ft / 1,040m
- A/G Haverfordwest Radio 122.20 Mhz
- NDB - HAV 328 on A/D range 10nm
- STU 113.10 - 170 - 10.1
- BCN 117.45 - 284 - 63.4
Travelling to Waterwynch by helicopter needs to be agreed in advance.
- Helicopter Co-ordinates for Waterwynch
- Latitude 51°41.19N Longitude 427°3.00W
- Grid Ref Undefined
- Elevation 55
Nearest Station: Tenby (1.5 miles)
If travelling from London Paddington, a train journey time of 2h48 minutes to Port Talbot (M4 Junction 40) and Swansea together with a car transfer of approximately 1.20 minutes.
Nearest Ferries: Pembroke Dock and Fishguard - (Rosslare, Eire).
Waterwynch Mooring: Subject to prior arrangement and additional charges, Waterwynch has a mooring for a 50 tonne vessel, arrangements can be made to moor in Saundersfoot harbour.
Can be arranged on request to and from Cardiff Airport, Cardiff Station, Port Talbot, Haverford West, Fishguard, Pembroke Dock, Tenby Station and Swansea. Contact for prices.
Plan your trip
Enter your location or postcode below to get a personalised route to:
SA70 8TJGet route
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain